How to Apply
*Rolling deadline for application submission*
Podiatric Sports Medicine
The ABMSP designation of Certified in Podiatric Sports Medicine (CPSM) recognizes individuals with advanced knowledge, competence, and skill in their field. Certification in Podiatric Sports Medicine Certification will be awarded by way of a portfolio which demonstrates the candidate’s experience in podiatric sports medicine.
Eligibility requirements include:
- At least 5 years in podiatric sports medicine practice or Fellow of the American Academy of Sports Medicine or Post Graduate Fellow in Training in Sports Medicine
- Attestation that at least 20% of practice is with patients with sports medicine podiatric needs
- Possession of a current DPM license
- At least two letters of recommendation from fellow podiatrists
- Post graduate resume, showing podiatric work history from the time of graduation to the present
- Evidence and verification of all of the above from applicable sources
Upon approval of eligibility, candidates must submit documentation to demonstrate specific applicable experience, referred to as a portfolio. Each experience will be awarded a number of points, the sum of which must be at least 100 points in order to earn the ABMSP Certified in Podiatric Sports Medicine (CPSM).
Refer to the Candidate Handbook for details on the eligibility and portfolio requirements. Candidates must also pay all required fees.
Access the Handbook here: