How to Apply
*Rolling deadline for application submission*
Minimally Invasive Foot and Ankle Surgery
The ABMSP certification in Minimally Invasive Foot and Ankle Surgery recognizes individuals with advanced knowledge, competence, and skill in their field. Certification in Minimally Invasive Foot and Ankle Surgery Certification will be awarded by way of a portfolio which demonstrates the candidate’s experience in minimally invasive surgery of the foot and/or ankle medicine.
Eligibility requirements include:
- At least 10 years in foot and/or ankle surgery practice or fellowship/residency training
- Post graduate resume, showing foot and/or ankle surgery work history from the time of graduation to the present.
- Possession of an active license in respective country to legally perform foot and/or ankle surgery.
- Two letters of recommendation from fellow podiatrists
- Evidence and verification of all of the above from applicable sources
Upon approval of eligibility, candidates must submit documentation within 120 days of receipt of approval to demonstrate specific applicable experience, referred to as a portfolio. Each experience will be awarded a number of points, the sum of which must be at least 75 points in order to earn the ABMSP certification in Minimally Invasive Foot and Ankle Surgery. Additionally, candidates must submit specific, mandatory surgical experiences for which no portfolio points will be awarded:
- 5 Osseous Procedures (via Minimal Invasive Surgery)
- 3 Soft Tissue Procedures
- Participation in 2 Surgical Cadaver Seminars on MIS
- Oral and practical demonstration at a Cadaver Seminar with certification of completion
The 75 portfolio points are awarded after candidates meets the above zero-point mandatory requirements.
Refer to the Candidate Handbook for details on the eligibility and portfolio requirements. Candidates must also pay all required fees.
Access the Handbook here: