How to Apply
*Rolling deadline for application submission*
Lower Extremity Geriatric Medicine
The ABMSP certification in Lower Extremity Geriatric Medicine recognizes individuals with advanced knowledge, competence, and skill in their field. Certification in Lower Extremity Geriatric Medicine will be awarded by way of a portfolio which demonstrates the candidate’s experience in geriatric podiatric medicine.
Eligibility requirements include:
- At least 10 years in podiatric practice or fellowship training
- Attestation that at least 20% of practice is with geriatric patients
- Possession of a DPM license
- Three letters of recommendation from fellow podiatrists
- Evidence and verification of all of the above from applicable sources
Upon approval of eligibility, candidates must submit documentation within 90 days of receipt of approval to demonstrate specific applicable experience, referred to as a portfolio. Each experience will be awarded a number of points, the sum of which must be at least 50 points in order to earn the ABMSP certification in Lower Extremity Geriatric Medicine.
Refer to the Candidate Handbook for details on the eligibility and portfolio requirements. Candidates must also pay all required fees.
Access the Handbook here: