How to Apply
*Rolling deadline for application submission*
Limb Preservation and Salvage
The ABMSP designation of Certified in Limb Preservation and Salvage (CLPS) recognizes individuals with advanced knowledge, competence, and skill in their field. Certification in Limb Preservation and Salvage will be awarded by way of a portfolio which demonstrates the candidate’s competence in the practice of lower limb preservation and salvage.
Eligibility requirements include:
- At least 10 years in podiatric practice
- Attestation that at least 20% of practice is in limb preservation and salvage
- Possession of a DPM license
- At least two letters of recommendation from fellow podiatrists
- Full surgical hospital privileges for procedures associated with the practice of Limb Preservation and Salvage
- Evidence and verification of all of the above from applicable sources
Upon approval of eligibility, candidates must submit documentation within 120 days of receipt of approval to demonstrate specific applicable experience, referred to as a portfolio. Each experience will be awarded a number of points, the sum of which must be at least 75 points in order to earn the ABMSP Certified in Limb Preservation and Salvage (CLPS).
Refer to the Candidate Handbook for details on the eligibility and portfolio requirements. Candidates must also pay all required fees.
Access the Handbook here: