Upcoming Exam Dates
Testing window: 4/1-4/15, 2023 Application deadline: 3/1/23
Testing window: 8/5-8/19, 2023 Application deadline: 7/5/23
Testing window: 10/14-10/28, 2023 Application deadline: 9/13/23
Foot and Ankle Surgery
The ABMSP certification in Foot and Ankle Surgery recognizes individuals with advanced knowledge, competence, and skill in their field. Only the most qualified and exceptional candidates are eligible to sit for the Foot and Ankle Surgery certification exam.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Sufficient of experience or training from an accredited body
- Possession of a medical license and degree conferred by an institution in the United States
- Letters of recommendation from fellow podiatrists
- At least 50 documented surgery cases that meet the Board’s established case submission requirements
- Submission of cases must be made within two years of examination date and performed within a four-year time frame.
- Evidence and verification of all of the above from applicable sources
IMPORTANT NOTE: Certification in Foot and Ankle Surgery will be conferred only upon successful completion of certification in Primary Care from the ABMSP or from another nationally recognized certification organization.
Refer to the Candidate Handbook for the application instructions, details on the eligibility requirements, and case submission guidelines. Candidates must also submit a consent form and pay all required fees.
Access the Handbook here: